The Escape Game Video Contest Rules and Regulations
Last Updated: August 9th, 2022
The Escape Game’s Video Contest is hosted by The Escape Game and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Tik Tok. No purchase is necessary for entry.
1. Eligibility: The Escape Game Video contest is open to legal residents of The United States who follow @TheEscapeGameOfficial on Tik Tok, post a video about escape rooms to Tik Tok, and tag @TheEscapeGameOfficial in that video. Entrants must be 18 years of age as of their date of entry in this promotion in order to qualify. This contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. The Escape Game’s employees, its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and directors (collectively the “Employees”), as well as members of an Employees' immediate family and/or those living in the same household of Employees are ineligible to participate in The Escape Game’s Video Contest.
2. Sponsorship. The sponsor is The Escape Game, located at 508 East Iris Drive, Nashville, TN 37204. Sponsor will conduct the contest substantially as described in these Official Rules.
3. Agreement to Rules: By entering this contest, the Entrant (“You”) agrees to abide by the Sponsor's Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering this contest You represents and warrants that You are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this The Escape Game Video Contest.
4. The Escape Game Video Contest Entry Period: This promotion begins on September 12, 2022 at 12:00 AM Central Time and ends on October 12, 2022 at 11:59 PM Central Time (“Entry Period”). To be eligible for the contest, entries must be received within the specified Entry Period.
5. How to Enter: Eligible entrants can enter The Escape Game Video Contest by following @TheEscapeGameOfficial on Tik Tok, posting a video about escape rooms to Tik Tok, and tagging @TheEscapeGameOfficial in that video. As a participant, your entry must fully meet all contest requirements, as specified in the Official Rules, in order to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete entries or those that do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications will be disqualified at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Participants may enter multiple videos. Fraudulent methods of entry or circumvention of the rules may result in the Sponsor invalidating your entries and removing them from the contest at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries must be original work and not violate anyone’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. Alternate entry method: You may send an mp4 copy of your video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Prizes: The Winner of the The Escape Game Video Contest (the “Winner”) will receive free private experiences at their nearest The Escape Game location (Up to $1,000 retail value) and a trophy ($300 retail value). The actual/appraised prize value may differ at the time the prize is awarded. The prizes shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The prize is non-transferable. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes. The Winner shall not transfer assignment of the prize to others nor shall the Winner request the cash equivalent or prize substitution. By accepting the prize, the selected Winner grants permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s likeness, entry, and name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law. The Winner must provide the Sponsor with a valid Social Security number or taxpayer-identification number before the Sponsor can award the prize. [A Form 1099 will be issued to Grand Prize winner.]
7. Odds: The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
8. Selection and Notification of Winner: The Winner will be selected by The Escape Game’s Marketing Team under the supervision of The Escape Game’s Head of Marketing. The Sponsor will notify the Winner(s) by commenting on the video on Tik Tok within fourteen days following Winner selection. The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to security settings that may cause notifications to be marked as spam. Nor shall the Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner 1) fails to claim the prize within seven days from the time the award notification was sent, 2) is found ineligible, or 3) does not complete and return an executed declaration and release within the specified timeframe, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt of the prize (offered in the The Escape Game Video Contest by the Winner is upon the condition of compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. IF THE WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By submitting an entry (Tik Tok post) into this The Escape Game Video Contest, You understand and agree that the Sponsor, any individual acting on the Sponsor’s behalf, and the licensees successors, and assigns of the Sponsor shall, where permitted by law, have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use in any media known now or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, worldwide, and without limitation, your submission, name, photo, portrait, voice, likeness, image, statements about the The Escape Game Video Contest, and your biographical information for news, publicity, advertising, promotional purposes, trade, information, and public relations without any further notice, review, consent, compensation, or remuneration. Entries must be original work and not violate anyone’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. Consequences for entries that infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others will result in the disqualification of the participant could result in claims as a result of infringement. You shall defend or settle against such claims at your sole expense, and You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor from any suit, etc.)
10. Terms & Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the The Escape Game Video Contest should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of The Escape Game Video Contest. The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of The Escape Game Video Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: violating someone’s proprietary or intellectual property rights; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Attempts by any entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the The Escape Game Video Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: Your entry into this contest constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the contest and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or Internet service; 4) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; 5) electronic error or human error in the Promotion administration or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND TENNESSEE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. The Entrant agrees, as a condition of participating in this promotion, that if any disputes cannot be resolved between the Entrant and the Sponsor, and if causes of action arise out of or are connected with this contest, they shall be individually resolved exclusively before a court located in Tennessee having jurisdiction, without resorting to any form of class action. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest. The participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: You may obtain a copy of the Winner’s name(s) or a copy of these Official Rules, by sending your request via mail with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to The Escape Game, 508 East Iris Drive, Nashville, Tennessee, 37204, United States. Requests must be postmarked no later than October 12, 2022.
15. Social Media Channel-Specific Rules: The contest hosted by The Escape Game is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Tik Tok.